Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bruce Smith in good ole Virginia Beach


Hall of famer Bruce Smith finally pleads guilty today for a DUI arrest last May in my humble hometown of Virginia Beach. Last year a stunning 2,300 DUI arrests were made in the city of Virginia Beach alone. But out of all the information I could read on Bruce's DUI, none shocked me more than his defense in court in July. "His attorney, Larry Cardon, said at Smith's first trial in July that the 19-year NFL veteran's 11 knee surgeries made it difficult for him to walk a straight line heel-to-toe and stand on one leg for 30 seconds." Pause for reaction. I don't know about all of you but this clearly is one of the saddest arguments I have ever heard. But damn I love lawyers. So Cheers Bruce, you have slightly tarnished your sterling reputation, but I still love ya!

3 comments:

  1. I think Lickstein could of come up with a better defense then that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only the finest come out of Virginia Tech...Vick brothers anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the judge would have let him go freely if he looked at the judge the same way he looks on that cover.

    ReplyDelete